This policy applies to all processing of personal data carried out by Movement Assessment Technologies and has the objective of informing the user regarding the way in which Movement Assessment Technologies carries out the processing of personal data (including details of the type of personal data collected and the purpose of processing) and regarding the rights of the user in relation to their personal data.
How can I contact you?
- Headquarters are located at: 16/47 Wangara Rd, Cheltenham, Australia, 3192
- Contact phone number is: +61488869628
The user may establish direct and effective communication with Movement Assessment Technologies by written communication sent to any of the indicated addresses or also by completing this form.
In addition, information of the officer in charge of processing your personal data is listed below:
- Trade name: Movement Assessment Technologies
- Identity of the controller: The Trustee for Movement Assessment Technologies Trust
- Address: 16/47 Wangara Rd, Cheltenham, Australia, 3192
- Email: [email protected]
We respect your privacy
- Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers, website visitors and Measurz app users. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and to the extent applicable, the UK & EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- "Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number, or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
What personal information is collected
- Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website or applications, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or services, such as :
- Phone number
- Email address
- Credit/Payment Information
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business Website
- Date of Birth
- Height and Weight
- Injury History
- Sports Played
- IP Address
- Information in any communications between us and you
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
In compliance with current regulations on the protection of personal data, especially the Australian Privacy Act No. 1988 (APA) and to the extent applicable:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council, dated April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons regarding the processing of personal data and the free circulation of these data (hereinafter, the “GDPR”),
- The General Data Protection Law of Brazil, Law No. 13,709, (the “LGPD”)
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Assembly bill No. 375
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) & Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
- (i). completes the forms of www.matassessment.com and associated subdomains (“Site”), app and/or company platform;
- (ii). subscribes to the newsletter, video, course or downloaded resource;
- (iii). answers a poll or completes a web form;
- (iv). completes a printed form;
- (v). sends an email or communicates by phone, which are then loaded in the corresponding forms;
- (vi). purchases a product or uses our Measurz app or MAT training portal
How we use your personal information
- Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you.
- Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
- investigate any complaints.
- Administration info
- Creating user account
- Customer feedback collection
- Enforce T&C
- Manage customer order
- Targeted advertising
- Administration info
- User-to-user comments
- Site Protection
- Dispute resolution
- Manage user accounts
- Processing payment: Stripe, Shopify, Google Payments, Apple Payments
- If you withhold your personal information, it may not be possible for us to provide you with our products and services or for you to fully access our website or Measurz application.
- We may disclose your personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Movement Assessment Technologies requires the signing of confidentiality agreements and personal data processing by its employees and third parties that provide services that access the content of the databases (or include such obligations within the service agreements that it signs with such providers as indicated in the next paragraph).
- The personal data of the user collected by Movement Assessment Technologies will not be transferred, sold, exchanged, transmitted and/or communicated to any third party outside of Movement Assessment Technologies without the consent of the user, except legal obligation and/or for the purpose of providing the services to the user. This does not include certain employees and service providers that allow Movement Assessment Technologies to keep the Site operational, comply with the purposes established above hereof and/or provide services to the user, who has assumed the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the data provided and commit to compliance with the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, at the time of hiring. The contracts with the service providers stipulate the objective, scope, content, duration, nature and purpose of the data processing, the type of personal data, the categories of data owners and the obligations and responsibilities of Movement Assessment Technologies and of the contracted third parties.
- By providing personal data to Movement Assessment Technologies, the user declares to accept their processing fully and unreservedly by Movement Assessment Technologies. The user hereby grants his free, express, and informed consent for Movement Assessment Technologies to use the data collected for the purposes indicated above hereof, as well as its incorporation into a Movement Assessment Technologies database.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)
- Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use.
- We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR.
- We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it.
- We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure.
- We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation.
- We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law.
- We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered "Sensitive Personal Information" under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR.
- You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Your rights under the GDPR
- If you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU.
- Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to delete your personal information (also known as "the right to be forgotten");
- to restrict the processing of your personal information;
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- to object to your personal information being used; and
- to object against automated decision-making and profiling.
- We may ask you to verify your identity before acting on any of your requests.
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia.
- We and our other group companies do not currently have offices and/or facilities in other countries. However, if we were to, transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd's Data Protection Officer.
- The hosting facilities for our website are situated in United States and Measurz application is in Australia. Transfers to each of these countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd's Data Protection Officer.
- Our Suppliers and Contractors are situated in Australia and India. Transfers to each of these Countries will be protected by appropriate safeguards, these include one or more of the following: the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission which you can obtain from the European Commission Website; the use of binding corporate rules, a copy of which you can obtain from Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd's Data Protection Officer.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under the GDPR and that they have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
- Movement Assessment Technologies declares its intention to adopt the technical and organizational measures necessary to guarantee the security, integrity, and confidentiality of the data in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, LGPD, CCPA, PIPEDA-CASL,, APA, and PDPA Singapore in order to avoid its adulteration, loss, consultation or unauthorized processing. In particular, all the credit data provided is transmitted via SSL (Secure Socket Layer) and encrypted in the database of the payment platform of the provider of these payment services. It is stated that credit data (credit card number, among others) are not stored in the Movement Assessment Technologies servers or in Google Drive. In order to guarantee the confidentiality of the processing, the payment service provider is contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information.
- Movement Assessment Technologies does not guarantee absolute privacy in the use of the Site since the possibility that unauthorized third parties may have knowledge of it should not be ruled out. The user acknowledges that the existing technical means that provide security are not impregnable and that even when all reasonable security precautions are adopted, it is possible to suffer manipulation, destruction and / or loss of information. In the event that a security incident is detected and that it implies a significant risk for the owner of the data, such event will be communicated without delay to the competent control authority, together with the corrective and palliative measures implemented and / or to be implemented.
- Movement Assessment Technologies is not responsible for the loss or deletion of data by users. Likewise, Movement Assessment Technologies does not accept any responsibility for possible damages caused by computer viruses.
- Finally, the user must also take measures to protect their information. Movement Assessment Technologies insists that you take every precaution to protect your personal information while on the Internet. At least, you are advised to change your password periodically, using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you are using a secure browser.
- Our Measurz app has also implement further security measures to protect your data, including:
- 1. Application whitelisting: Locked to dedicated IP’s.
- 2. Database Encryption: Data encrypted in the server.
- 3. Data loss prevention : Implemented daily backup on different environments.
- 4.dDOS Mitigation : Standard dDOS protection implemented across entire server infrastructure.
- 5. DMARC and DNS filtering : Implemented
- 6. Endpoint protection : Firewall at Datacentre as well as server monitoring 24x7
- 7. Firewall : Yes
- 8. Security : TLS 1.2/1.3 latest version.
- 9. Regular patches and security updates as required.
- 10. Incident response: We have 24x7 running monitoring system at server.
Notifiable Data Breach
- We take data protection seriously. We will endeavour to meet the deadline imposed by the EU & UK GDPR to report any data breach to the supervisory authority or to the Information Commissioner’s Office where a data breach occurs, as well as contact you via email.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to the extent applicable the EU + UK GDPR, LGPD, CCPA, PIPEDA-CASL, APA, and PDPA. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please complete this form.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
Do we train our team?
Movement Assessment Technologies staff whose functions are related to the processing of personal data are trained in order to guarantee better protection of personal data and the rights of its holders
Does our Site contain links to other sites?
The Site may contain links to third-party sites, with or without advertising content, whose privacy policies are foreign to Movement Assessment Technologies. The linked sites are not related to Movement Assessment Technologies and, their existence in no way presupposes that there is any kind of suggestion, invitation, or recommendation for the visit of the destination places or any kind of link or association between Movement Assessment Technologies and such sites. Movement Assessment Technologies is not responsible or liable for the content, use and activities of these linked websites, or for damages, whether current or eventual, material or moral, direct or indirect, suffered by users and derived from the information contained in such sites or of the relationship that users may establish with third parties whose services have been published on the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any comment on these linked websites will be useful to Movement Assessment Technologies in order to improve services and/or ensure the integrity of the Site. Movement Assessment Technologies undertakes to do everything possible to prevent the existence on its Site of links to sites with illegal content.
Integrity and Retention of Data
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect about you is accurate. Where we collect that information from you directly, we rely on you to supply accurate information. We will ensure that your personal information is relevant and up-to-date.
- We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please complete this form. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website or use our Measurz app: When you come to our website (www.matassessment.com), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third-party sites: Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third-party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Movement Assessment Technologies Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
The company uses the following cookies on our site and Measurz app:
|FB + Linkedin pixel||Tracking for targetted advertising|
|Google Analytics||Tracking for website data and Google advertising|
|Crisp Chat||Tracking for customer support|
|illow||Tracking for GDPR compliance|
|Crisp Chat||Tracking for customer support|
|Hubspot||Tracking for targetted advertising|
|Calendly||Tracking for calendar bookings|
What subprocessors do you use?
Representative for data subjects in the EU and UK
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter Group with its local partners as our privacy representative and your point of contact.
Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative, Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit the following website: https://prighter.com/cc/matassessment
powered by Prighter
- Last Updated: August 7, 2023
Information for Californian consumers
- This part of the document uses the term “personal information“ as it is defined in The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Categories of personal information collected, disclosed or sold
- In this section we summarize the categories of personal information that we've collected, disclosed or sold and the purposes thereof. You can read about these activities in detail in the section titled “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” within this document.
Information we collect: the categories of personal information we collect
- We have collected the following categories of personal information about you: internet information.
- We will not collect additional categories of personal information without notifying you.
How we collect information: what are the sources of the personal information we collect?
- We collect the above mentioned categories of personal information, either directly or indirectly, from you when you use this Application.
- For example, you directly provide your personal information when you submit requests via any forms on this Application. You also provide personal information indirectly when you navigate this Application, as personal information about you is automatically observed and collected. Finally, we may collect your personal information from third parties that work with us in connection with the Service or with the functioning of this Application and features thereof.
How we use the information we collect: sharing and disclosing of your personal information with third parties for a business purpose
- We may disclose the personal information we collect about you to a third party for business purposes. In this case, we enter a written agreement with such third party that requires the recipient to both keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose(s) other than those necessary for the performance of the agreement.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when you explicitly ask or authorize us to do so, in order to provide you with our Service.
- To find out more about the purposes of processing, please refer to the relevant section of this document.
Sale of your personal information
- For our purposes, the word “sale” means any “selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic means, a consumer's personal information by the business to another business or a third party, for monetary or other valuable consideration”.
Your right to opt out of the sale of personal information
- You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. This means that whenever you request us to stop selling your data, we will abide by your request. Such requests can be made freely, at any time, without submitting any verifiable request, simply by following the instructions below.
Instructions to opt out of the sale of personal information
- If you’d like to know more, or exercise your right to opt out in regard to all the sales carried out by this Application, both online and offline, you can contact us for further information using the contact details provided in this document.
What are the purposes for which we use your personal information?
- We may use your personal information to allow the operational functioning of this Application and features thereof (“business purposes”). In such cases, your personal information will be processed in a fashion necessary and proportionate to the business purpose for which it was collected, and strictly within the limits of compatible operational purposes.
- We may also use your personal information for other reasons such as for commercial purposes (as indicated within the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data” within this document), as well as for complying with the law and defending our rights before the competent authorities where our rights and interests are threatened or we suffer an actual damage.
- We will not use your personal information for different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without notifying you.
Your California privacy rights and how to exercise them The right to know and to portability
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories and sources of the personal information that we collect about you, the purposes for which we use your information and with whom such information is shared; in case of sale of personal information or disclosure for a business purpose, two separate lists where we disclose: for sales, the personal information categories purchased by each category of recipient; and for disclosures for a business purpose, the personal information categories obtained by each category of recipient. The disclosure described above will be limited to the personal information collected or used over the past 12 months.
- If we deliver our response electronically, the information enclosed will be "portable", i.e. delivered in an easily usable format to enable you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance – provided that this is technically feasible.
The right to request the deletion of your personal information
- You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information, subject to exceptions set forth by the law (such as, including but not limited to, where the information is used to identify and repair errors on this Application, to detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activities, to exercise certain rights etc.).
- If no legal exception applies, as a result of exercising your right, we will delete your personal information and direct any of our service providers to do so.
How to exercise your rights To exercise the rights described above, you need to submit your verifiable request to us by contacting us via the details provided in this document.
- For us to respond to your request, it’s necessary that we know who you are. Therefore, you can only exercise the above rights by making a verifiable request which must:
- provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will not respond to any request if we are unable to verify your identity and therefore confirm the personal information in our possession actually relates to you.
- If you cannot personally submit a verifiable request, you can authorize a person registered with the California Secretary of State to act on your behalf.
- If you are an adult, you can make a verifiable request on behalf of a minor under your parental authority.
- You can submit a maximum number of 2 requests over a period of 12 months.
How and when we are expected to handle your request
- We will confirm receipt of your verifiable request within 10 days and provide information about how we will process your request.
- We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt. Should we need more time, we will explain to you the reasons why, and how much more time we need. In this regard, please note that we may take up to 90 days to fulfill your request.
- Our disclosure(s) will cover the preceding 12-month period.
- Should we deny your request, we will explain to you the reasons behind our denial.
- We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless such request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In such cases, we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act on the request. In either case, we will communicate our choices and explain the reasons behind it.