Do you work with running injuries or help running athletes? In this video, Andrew breaks down the Movement Assessment Technologies approach to managing runners.
1. Running is one of the most common activities that give rise to overuse injuries.
2. When the time for adaptation is too short or the volume of running is too high, an overuse injury can occur.
3. Running is notorious for its high-impact repetitive nature and the high amount of ground reaction force with each step, sometimes 2-3x bodyweight.
4. Many runners develop injuries because they lack the capacity to tolerate these forces or simply do not have enough strength to tolerate 2-3x bodyweight of running force.
5. At MAT we assess the capacity of runners using objective assessments from the literature such as the Weight Bearing Lunge Test, Star Excursion Balance Test, Hop Testing as well as other Strength testing protocols.
6. This allows us to identify limitations or imbalances in the way our patients or clients move so as to...