Range of Motion: Shoulder Internal Rotation 0 degsAug 29, 2023
To test Shoulder Internal Rotation 0 degs range of motion with an inclinometer, the following steps can be followed:
- Have the client start in a seated or standing position with one arm tucked into their trunk, and their elbow flexed at 90 degrees with their thumb facing up toward the ceiling.
- As this test involves rotation, the Measurz inclinometer will adopt its transverse plane feature. So, please ensure that the inclinometer is set at 0 degrees before proceeding with this protocol.
- Once set, press the play button and instruct the client to internally rotate their forearm across their body as far as they can go. In most cases, clients will be limited by their trunk simply getting in the way. However, clients who have recently had shoulder surgery may experience limited range of motion on this test.
- When maximal range of motion is achieved, press the pause, followed by the save button and the Measurz inclinometer will generate the results for you.
Note that we should be able to achieve at least 70 degrees of internal rotation from a 0 degree starting position.
- Hegedus EJ, Goode A, Campbell S, et al. Physical examination tests of the shoulder: a systematic review with meta-analysis of individual tests. Br J Sports Med. 2008;42(2):80-92. doi:10.1136/bjsm.2007.038406
- Michener LA, Boardman ND, Pidcoe PE, Frith AM. Scapular muscle tests in subjects with shoulder pain and functional loss: reliability and construct validity. Phys Ther. 2005;85(11):1128-1138.
- Kromer TO, Tautenhahn UG, de Bie RA, Staal JB, Bastiaenen CH. Effects of physiotherapy in patients with shoulder impingement syndrome: a systematic review of the literature. J Rehabil Med. 2009;41(11):870-880. doi:10.2340/16501977-0454
Download Our Measurz App For FREE And Perform, Record and Track 500+ Tests With Your Clients Today.
Want To Improve Your Assessment?
Not Sure If The MAT Data-Driven Approach Is Right For You?
Get a taste of our MAT Course and data-driven approach using the MAT with a FREE module from our online MAT Course.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.