Range of Motion: Prone Hip Internal RotationAug 28, 2023
- Inclinometer (a device used to measure angles of rotation)
- Examination table or surface
- Have the client adopt a prone position, face down on a massage table or mat.
- Ask the client to flex one knee up, with their heel directly over their knee.
- Place the Measurz inclinometer along up and down alongside the client’s tibia.
- Have the client internally rotate their hip, taking their foot away from their midline. As soon as the pelvis starts to lift up off the table, hit pause, and then the save button to view and record the results.
We should be aiming to achieve at least 50 degrees of hip external rotation on this test. It's important to note that this is just a general range, and some individuals may have slightly greater or lesser degrees of internal rotation.
- Joint Structure and Function: A Comprehensive Analysis" by Pamela K. Levangie and Cynthia C. Norkin
- Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: An Evidence-Based Approach" by S. Brent Brotzman and Kevin E. Wilk
Download Our Measurz App For FREE And Perform, Record and Track 500+ Tests With Your Clients Today.
Want To Improve Your Assessment?
Not Sure If The MAT Data-Driven Approach Is Right For You?
Get a taste of our MAT Course and data-driven approach using the MAT with a FREE module from our online MAT Course.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.