Top Assessments for Running Injuries 🏃♀️May 15, 2019
Do you work with running injuries or help running athletes? In this video, Andrew breaks down the Movement Assessment Technologies approach to managing runners.
1. Running is one of the most common activities that give rise to overuse injuries.
2. When the time for adaptation is too short or the volume of running is too high, an overuse injury can occur.
3. Running is notorious for its high-impact repetitive nature and the high amount of ground reaction force with each step, sometimes 2-3x bodyweight.
4. Many runners develop injuries because they lack the capacity to tolerate these forces or simply do not have enough strength to tolerate 2-3x bodyweight of running force.
5. At MAT we assess the capacity of runners using objective assessments from the literature such as the Weight Bearing Lunge Test, Star Excursion Balance Test, Hop Testing as well as other Strength testing protocols.
6. This allows us to identify limitations or imbalances in the way our patients or clients move so as to calculate the potential risk of injury using evidence-based assessment.
7. This helps us make better clinical decisions and ultimately achieve better outcomes for our patients and clients to help them achieve their running goals.
If you want to take your assessment to the next level join the thousands of MAT users around the world who've stopped guessing and have started measuring in their assessment using the MAT
Download Our Measurz App For FREE And Perform, Record and Track 500+ Tests With Your Clients Today.
Want To Improve Your Assessment?
Not Sure If The MAT Data-Driven Approach Is Right For You?
Get a taste of our MAT Course and data-driven approach using the MAT with a FREE module from our online MAT Course.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.