Monday MAT Musings - Early stage ACL management and what are the key objective measurementsJun 24, 2019
- ACL injuries do not always require immediate surgery. It is a major decision with many pros and cons.
- Surgery is not the only factor that needs to be considered, as the rehabilitation after surgery lasts a number of months and may take up to a year or longer to make a full recovery.
- Often the initial period post ACL reconstruction is one of the most important times for our patients and clients.
- One of the biggest problems is that often ACL rehabilitation can be too conservative, too long in protective braces, not enough flexibility and strength work, overprotective management plans.
- It is important to have objective testing criteria to measure the ACL reconstruction rehab journey from start to finish to make sure that your clients are working the right exercises, at the right intensity, at the right time to guarantee the best possible outcomes.
- At MAT, we teach the latest evidence-based tests that are essential for managing good ACL outcomes (weight-bearing lunge test, star excursion balance test, hop tests from the limb symmetry index, etc).
If you want to take your assessment to the next level join the thousands of MAT users around the world who've stopped guessing and have started measuring in their assessment using the MAT. Go to www.matassessment.com to learn more.
Download Our Measurz App For FREE And Perform, Record and Track 400+ Tests With Your Clients Today.
Want To Improve Your Assessment?
Not Sure If The MAT Data-Driven Approach Is Right For You?
Get a taste of our MAT Course and data-driven approach using the MAT with a FREE module from our online MAT Course.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.