Limb Lengths Measurement: Leg LengthMay 22, 2023
To measure a client's leg length from ASIS to medial malleolus, follow these steps:
1. Ask the client to remove their shoes and any bulky clothing.
2. Ask the client to lie down on their back on a flat surface, such as an examination table.
3. Locate the anterior superior iliac spine (ASIS), which is the bony prominence at the front of the hip.
4. Use a measuring tape or ruler to measure the distance from the ASIS to the medial malleolus, which is the bony prominence on the inside of the ankle.
5. Make sure the measuring tape or ruler is level and straight along the client's leg.
6. Read the measurement on the measuring tape or ruler.
Once you have measured the client's leg length from ASIS to medial malleolus, you can use this information to identify any leg length discrepancies that may require medical attention. You can also use this information to create a personalized fitness plan for the client that includes exercises to improve leg strength and flexibility.
Download Our Measurz App For FREE And Perform, Record and Track 500+ Tests With Your Clients Today.
Want To Improve Your Assessment?
Not Sure If The MAT Data-Driven Approach Is Right For You?
Get a taste of our MAT Course and data-driven approach using the MAT with a FREE module from our online MAT Course.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.