Limb Lengths Measurement: Arm LengthMay 22, 2023
To measure a client's arm length from C7 SP to 3rd digit, follow these steps:
1. Ask the client to remove any bulky clothing and to stand up straight with their back against a wall.
2. Locate the seventh cervical vertebra (C7), which is the bony prominence at the base of the neck.
3. Use a measuring tape or ruler to measure the distance from the C7 spinous process (SP) to the tip of the client's third digit (middle finger).
4. Make sure the measuring tape or ruler is level and straight along the client's arm.
5. Read the measurement on the measuring tape or ruler.
Once you have measured the client's arm length from C7 SP to 3rd digit, you can use this information to identify any arm length discrepancies that may require medical attention. You can also use this information to create a personalized fitness plan for the client that includes exercises to improve arm strength and flexibility.
Download Our Measurz App For FREE And Perform, Record and Track 500+ Tests With Your Clients Today.
Want To Improve Your Assessment?
Not Sure If The MAT Data-Driven Approach Is Right For You?
Get a taste of our MAT Course and data-driven approach using the MAT with a FREE module from our online MAT Course.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.